Day 13

Since I was going to the Dr’s this morning I got to sleep in, yeah! My body woke itself up at 6:15am. I could get use to that extra 30 mine very day. Slept great.

7:15am – had some of my sweet potato egg bake (think I’m finally getting sick of it, lol). I had a banana with it as well.

8:15am – drank my coffee on my way to the Dr’s. I got there early and still had to wait (past my appt time) to be seen. How at this time of the day could you already be running late??  Well she was running late, 45-minutes late, but at least they were very courteous and nice and apologized for the delay.

So turns out I might have Rheumatoid Arthritis.  I had 8 vials of blood taken and they are also testing for Lyme Disease, but she’s certain its RA.  I have to make an appointment with a specialist.  I asked the Dr “aren’t I too young for that?” and she said “sorry to burst your bubble, but no” … thanks Doc.  So now we wait, blood work should be back on Monday.  She said it could come back negative as it might still be early to detect but that she was 90% sure that’s what it is … well isn’t that lovely!

The dr did give me the choice to take some steroids for the pain.  I had the choice to wait until my blood work came back but to be honest the pain was so severe I didn’t want to wait.  I hadn’t told anyone, but almost everyday this week I was in tears.  Just pulling on or off my pants, or clasping my bra brought me to tears because of the pain.  She said within 24-hours I should feel like a million bucks 🙂  She said if that doesn’t happen then we will need to go back to the drawing board.  Well, I took the steroids at 10:30AM and by 2:30PM I was feeling much better and by 6PM I did in fact feel like a million bucks.  I will say this is the first time since starting the Whole30 (which my first Whole30 was over a year ago) that I asked a lot of questions at the Dr’s office.  I asked what my options were, what the side effects were, etc.  I am a lot more conscious of the things I ingest into my body and if there are alternative options than medications I am open to hearing them.  She was great and listened to me and although I did take the steriods I did so knowingly and fully participating.

10:30ish – as I was running around getting blood work and picking up my prescription I ate my 2 hard-boiled eggs.

11:45am – I got to the office much later than I expected, oh well.  It’s so time-consuming to get to the office, no matter what time of day.  I should just invest in a private helicopter 🙂

12:45pm – I brought chicken salad today.  It was so good yesterday I wanted it again.  I also had some sweet potatoes and cut up peppers with my seltzer.

3:30pm – enjoyed my apple with almond butter

4:00pm – made myself an apple spiced tea 🙂

7:30pm – I had a tomato that was about to go bad so I cut it up with a cucumber I had and sprinkled some salt and pepper on it and drizzled some pomegranate balsamic vinegar – delish.  I reheated the pork chops with peaches and butternut squash with unsweetened apple sauce – still great!

After dinner, I sat on the couch and prepared my meals for the week.  I wanted to make my grocery list so I could get up first thing and get that done (that worked really well last week).  I plan on cooking at least one meal tomorrow and then heading to my sisters.  Here’s to almost 2 weeks down!!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s