Day 2

I slept good last night, I was exhausted but had a hard time waking up.  I did get about 8.5 hours of sleep.  I woke up to no cable or internet and since I work from home I was going to have to find an alternative work station for my day (thanks Starbucks!).

Egg Scramble with Bacon

Started my morning off with an awesome egg scramble (inspired by my sisters yesterday).  I had 2 farm fresh eggs with some of my left over egg whites and then I scrambled it up with some broccoli, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms that I cut up yesterday and threw in some frozen spinach as well.  I also cooked up 2 pieces of nitrate-free organic bacon.  I was very thirsty this morning so I guzzled down a big cup of water with breakfast.
Since my internet was scheduled to be out all day I headed to Starbucks to get to work.  I ordered a venti pike place roast black coffee.  It was some good will power to not order my typical “very berry coffee cake” that I always get when I go to Starbucks but since my breakfast was so filling it was very easy to walk right by.

Venti Pike’s Peak black coffee

I felt great all morning.  I typically have a snack around 10/10:30AM (usually a shake with greek yogurt, frozen berries and coconut milk) but skipping it today was easy.  Around 11AM I was feeling a little hungry but nothing crazy so decided to push through and wait until lunch time.

Since Starbucks doesn’t offer much nutritious-friendly meals and since I had so much great food at home I headed back home to make my lunch.

Chicken Salad (homemade mayo) with fresh heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers and a hard boiled egg.

I made myself a small chicken salad with the chicken I made yesterday and the home-made mayo.  Definitely not Hellman’s Mayo and a tad bitter but wasn’t horrible.  I accompanied that with a fresh tomato from Lull Farm, a few cucumber slices (i LOVE cucumbers!) and a hard boiled egg.  I had a seltzer to drink as well.  I had a little headache when I sat down to eat but think it was because at this point I was super hungry.  I ate nice and slow (which I very rarely do) but when I felt full I took a break and waited a few minutes before finishing my plate.

I had a headache for most of the afternoon and was feeling sluggish (or as they say in the book “hungover”).  My energy got really low after lunch (around 1:30PM) and I had the sudden urge to take a nap; so I did.  After the nap (about 18 minutes) I felt worse and it felt as though my blood sugar was extremely low so around 2:30PM I had a handful of raspberries and strawberries and around 3PM I felt much better 🙂

At 5:30PM I headed up to my sisters.  Since I wasn’t sure how long I would be there or when I would eat again I decided to stop at her local Hannaford’s and get a bowl of assorted fruit.  Note to self: need to prepare better and pack snacks!  I got to my sisters house and had the bowl of fruit, a handful of nuts and a seltzer around 6:30PM.  I ended up heading out around 9PM and since I knew I would get home late I had a hard boiled egg she made and headed home.  When I got home I was so tired I went straight to bed with no dinner.

Overall I think Day 2 was a little hard.  I think a lot of it had to do with my daily routine being thrown off with no internet and then getting home late but I am proud of myself with sticking with it when it would have been easier to just cave in to my natural tendencies.

Now on to Day 3….


One thought on “Day 2

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s